Sunday, February 6, 2011

#16. Televangelists

Everytime I flip a channel and see a televangelist I slowly get up and set my TV on fire. I've gone through a dozen already. Not really, but that's what I would like to do. It angers me that all this "name it, claim it" shenanigans is the Christianity that the world sees.

"You want your blessing? Then sow a seed into my ministry."

Maybe one day I ought to send them a seed. Perhaps a grapefruit or something like that. Why not take them literally?

Anyhow, I hope the world sees that Christianity is not about money. I hope they see that Christianity is about love. It's about a God who loves, a God who sent His only son to take the place for our sins.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, this is interesting... because, like any "good Christian," I also cannot stand televangelists. :]
    HOWever, guess what I did all night ths past Saturday...!? I watched clips and testimonies on YouTube from the 700 Club -- a TV televangelist show. *sigh* I mean, I must have watched close to 30 videos.
    You want a Televangelist YouTube clip that will *really* get your shorts in a bunch? Look up Joyce Meyers (sp?) talking about her private airplane and how she "deserves it" and that the "church owes it to her."
    I almost threw up.

    ReplyDelete