Sunday, January 30, 2011

#12. Admitting you like Harry Potter

This also applies if you have children who like Harry Potter. If you say that in a church meeting, you might have well said that you bow down to idols as you listen to heavy metal, while your Gothic girlfriend is applying more black nail polish.

No, but seriously, admitting you like Harry Potter is a big deal. I'm not saying that there isn't any questionable content that deals with black magic, but there are more serious issues affecting children today. And if your kids want to read Harry Potter, I believe you should warn them about your concerns, but you should allow them.

I spoke to someone recently who said that the only reason she read Harry Potter is because her parents and church didn't want her too. And guess what? She turned out just fine and recently visited the Harry Potter World in Orlando, Fl.

And yes, I plan on going soon!

1 comment:

  1. this is an interesting topic. I'm currently doing a seried titled "The Confessions of a Rebellious, Indenpendent, Fundamental, Baptist Girl of 20-something" (phew, I forget what a mouthful this is all the time). Anyways, in one of the episodes of this series I will be addressing Harry potter, Narnia, Twilight, Lord of the Rings, etc.

    I agree with you though. Watching the movies is not as if you are participating in the the witchcraft in the movie.

    ReplyDelete