Monday, April 11, 2011

#42. A question of children

As you know, first, you're asked "when are you going to get married." Once you finally found your spouse and think you've avoided further awkward questions from your eager church going friends, the week after the honeymoon someone asks you: "When are you going to have kids?"

Really? Dude, I just got back from my honeymoon. I can see why you would ask that, but first, um, boundaries. And second of all, that's kind of personal and certainly not something you should ask me everytime we meet. Do you have amnesia? When I say, "I don't know maybe in a year or two," do you think I meant, "maybe in a Sunday or two?"

Seriously, what's wrong with you? And does this ever stop?

When I finally have children, are they going to ask me, "when are you having grandchildren?" My son is 2, he's 2, I'd say. But that won't stop them, would it?

No comments:

Post a Comment