Thursday, April 7, 2011

#40. Prayers that are a sales-pitch

In every prayer group there's an undercover salesman, or saleswoman, to be politically correct. At first, it's not easy to spot this Donald Trump in sheep's clothing, but that's until they open their mouth. Everyone prays about real issues and struggles, and of course, there's the prayer hero who takes about 35 minutes praying about his need to spend more time in prayer.

Finally, when it comes down to the undercover brother, here's what he says: "Lord, I thank you for all your blessings. I want to pray that I may sell my iPod Nano 4th Generation for only 80 dollars. You know that I need the money and no one is bidding on eBay currently. Also, I want to pray for 1998 Toyota that I'm also selling. I pray that my phone number may be in the minds of others supernaturally, and my number is...."

That's pretty crazy, isn't it. This sounds like when Jesus saw people selling a bunch of stuff outside of the temple. Do you think it's okay to flip some tables when we listen to this guy's prayer?

No comments:

Post a Comment