Saturday, April 9, 2011

#41. The announcement guy who wants to be a pastor

Let's say you have a friend named Bob. Bob is a nice guy, loves his family, serves in the church. Everything was fine, a la Pleasantville style, until Bob was asked to be the announcement guy. It is apparent that your friend Bob is a frustrated pastor.

Somewhere along the way he may have heard the "call," but hit the ignore button instead. But you have no idea about Bob's frustration. You're at church, you go through the awesome worship and you're waiting to hear your pastor's 1 hour long message. Nothing wrong with that picture , so far. But then, they call Bob to make some quick announcements, and instead you get a half hour preaching, before the real preaching!

Bob's announcement card reads:

"Children's ministry moved to Room 2B"

What Bob says:

"Good morning everyone. How are y'all doing? That's good to hear! I just want to let y'all know tha the Children's ministry was moved to Room 2b. Now that's interesting because if you remember from your Bible, the children of Israel were moving constantly. First, they went through the desert, which was supposed to take only a few days but instead it took them something like 40 years give or take..."

Do you have any "Bob's" in your church?

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh I'M SOOOO GLAD I FOUND THIS BLOG! I was on SCL and got confused by your name. This is wonderful! WONDERFUL! (Okay, my enthusiasm is a lil' scary at this point.) I'll be adding you to my favorite blogs asap. Keep the posts coming!

    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the enthusiasm! I love knowing I have new readers, it really encourages me, plus I'm always looking for new ideas. If you have any, just email them and I'll see what I can do! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete