Wednesday, May 11, 2011

#54. Bad drivers with a Christian fish

Big cities are notorious for traffic and bad drivers. But nothing is worse than being cut off by someone with an ichthus, also known as the Jesus fish. Seriously, when this happens to me, and it happens often, I have to fight the urge to tell them to be fruitful and multiply! Indeed, many times our Christian love, or lack thereof, is measured by our driving right after Sunday service is finished.

Think about all those lovely people who maybe even prayed with you during service, but in the parking lot, it seems more like an episode of The Amazing Race.

Of course, dear readers, we have to set the example. We have to show love to our parking lot and traffic enemies. We must hold our tongue and let it go, but I know this is a hard thing to do in the heat of the moment, especially if your car has no A/C. So, for the purpose of lowering our anger and restraining our tongue, I've come up with a list of alternative things to say.

1-"Take that ichthus off if you're going to drive like that!"
2-"You must believe in evolution because you drive like a monkey!"
3-"Loving your neighbor includes not crashing into them!"
4-"I don't have a fish symbol, but my driving is holier than yours!"
5-"Hey, look everyone, it's Judas at the wheel!"
6-"Thou shall not drive!"
7-"I really hope you don't go to my church!"

Can you think of any other, not so offensive, things to say? Have you been cutoff by someone with a Christian fish?

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't cut off, but I was backed into by a Jesus Fished SUV - worse part about it, they began to lie and say they didn't hit me and the dent was already in my car.... My aunt and uncle who I was meeting in the parking lot reminded me, we will all be held accountable for our actions - so justice may not be served today, but when they meet Jesus face to face it most definitely will be then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that's terrible. Sorry about your experience! Most certainly, we will be accountable for all our actions and every idle word that comes out of our mouth!

    ReplyDelete